R.I.P Tiko, my first beardie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had my beardie Tiko for a few weeks before he passed. He was given to me by an old friend, who couldn't keep him. I was given a fairly small tank for him, along with a heating rock. I was saving up money to buy him the proper habitat and items. He became very lethargic after a week of him being here but when I searched it up, it said it was just burmation and I believed it, since fall had just began. I would give him fruits, veggies and worms before leaving to work every morning, I would give him a bath at least once every week to help his digestive system. He wouldn't do much but I was under the assumption that it was normal. Well two days ago, I checked on him before going to sleep, like I always do, and noticed he had become a lighter color. I searched it up, but it said it was normal. The morning after, I checked on him, fed him and left to work. I was at work for 9 hours, when I got home, I went to check on him like always but I noticed he wasn't breathing. I panicked, so I picked him up and tried to get a reaction out of him but he was lifeless. He had already began to stiffen up:( I cried and held him as I told him, he's going to be ok. I called my sister over to see, and we both cried. She said we should have a little funeral for him today once she gets home from school. I agreed. So today is Tikos funeral. I miss him so very much :( my Boyfriend said we could get another one and he can stay at my boyfriends house this time, since my mom doesn't want another one because it broke her heart when he died. I have been doing research on beardies like never before. I love Tiko, I'll love him forever. He is greatly missed. I hope he's in a better place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom