Beloved Simon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't been on this site in a very long time so I don't know if it will even matter posting this but I will anyway. in early January I noticed something particularly wrong with one of my beardies. He was constantly thrashing into things and one day he bloodied his mouth. The mouth never healed correctly and despite spending hundred of dollars and 4 different antibiotics he passed away this spring when the infection in his jaw became too painful and too widespread for him to eat. The loss was devastating to me and even as I write this it still puts me to tears. Words cant even describe how it felt to lose him.
3fd2895a50.jpg

I remembered when I first saw him, he was in some pet store chain housed with a much larger bearded dragon. He was chewed up and very skinny, missing pieces of his toes and a large portion of his tail. I had already had my first beardie for a couple months and it hurt me to see him like that. We brought him home the next week and he was with me for two and a half years after that. He was always smaller and more aggressive to other dragons but he loved people. He and Nigel were my world. I miss him every single day.
8bb9344f34.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimberly_Eaton
Top Bottom