Lola

Status
Not open for further replies.
80937-2919646395.jpg
On May 8 of 2014, my wife and I decided to make our family bigger by one, and we went to a local breeder and brought home a little orange hypo dragon we decided to name Lola. She was notorious for getting into weird sleeping positions, and for her bouncy energy. I became very closely bonded to my little girl.

February 21 of 2016 we took Lola to the vet for her acting lethargic and tired. She hadn't been eating much so we gave her some extra love; baths, waxworms, and snuggles. We gave her water with calcium mixed in, and even some chicken baby food. They told us she was exhausted from laying eggs a week prior, and that she was going to spend the night in an incubator and get some vitamins and calcium. We called around 8PM and we were told she was stable and doing good, they were giving her liquid food and calcium injections, and would give her a bath soon after.

I woke up at 4 to see a missed message from our vet, asking to call. The vet's open 24/7 but I knew why they would have called so early in the morning. Lola had passed away.The strain of her eggs coupled with her not being willing to eat resulted in her not being strong enough to hang on.

My world won't be the same without seeing her in her hammock at night before I go to bed. I'm going to miss her sweet face and how she actually seemed to be smiling. I feel like a huge part of my heart is missing, and I don't know how to recover from this.

I know people don't usually respond to these memorials, but please feel free to send me a message to cheer me up so I can make it through today.

Rest in peace, my sweetheart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom