Vudu

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not a bearded dragon, and not my first lizard we bought, but yesterday my veiled chameleon Vudu passed away unexpectedly. Over the last two days or so she's been very lethargic, so we moved another lay box into her cage in case she had eggs to lay, and we misted her with water a few times extra. I woke up to find her hanging by one leg before she fell down. My wife and I wrapped her in a warm towel and gave her some Pedialyte, but after a few hours of fighting, she had turned pale and stopped moving, and eventually she died in our hands.

I can't help but blame myself and ask what I could have done. She was only 8 months old and now we have a dark, quiet corner of the house where her viv used to be. We raised her from a tiny little girl the size of my finger to a full-grown, beautiful lizard, and she's gone now. I feel like my heart is broken. All I can think about is losing my beardies (both of which are 2), who I am even closer to. We can't even figure out to do with our chameleon because the ground is frozen and I can't just throw her in the trash.

Don't even want to be at work today. I'm a mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom