My little angel Wriggles is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wriggles passed away at about lunchtime today in her warm little hide while I was feeding and attending to Peppa and Toothless .
Had her head out when I started, and turned around wound up with her tail poking out while I was busy with the babies, when I had finished with them, I went to get Wriggles out for her regular snuggle at lunchtime and discovered she was stiff and lifeless and her eyes were closed and a bit sunken :( .... very sad day for us.

She was a very special Water Skink (she was extremely smart (came when called by name), inquisitive, uber affectionate, super gentle , and full of personality and character), she was a little skink who thought she was a big skink or dragon, and she thought she was the boss lizard in this house (putting the much bigger beardies (Rex and Puff) and bluetongue skinks George and Mildred) in their places with just a quick stare and headnod, and I'm already missing her. I think she was about 6-7 years old.

Is going to be very hard to find another skink who will be as great a pet as she was.

She refused to eat anything last night so I gave in and let her have what she wanted , a big long snuggle on me before I returned her to her big tub. She was very weak last night while out on me, but had the strength to assert herself to get what she wanted off me. She wanted a lot comforting last night, and after a sleep woke up and very unsettled (wouldn't stay in one spot very long, would nap and then change places, and nap again, was like this when I went to bed).

Some of our memories of her :
24vms9l.gif

2qu85qx.jpg

2564ryq.gif

s4t89w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom