To my Rosie....with so much love.

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSC00562.jpg
[/url][/url]
XiaoYing_Video_143570668493200.mp4.html
I lost my comforter. My beautiful Rosie suddenly and unexpectedly died Sunday morning. My heart is broken. I loved and adored her more than any pet I have ever had.
Our other little beardie girl, Kitty, has had a huge tumor on her side since Christmas and we have been bracing for her passing, but she is still with us. To our shock, Rosie left us before Kitty and we were completely unprepared.
Here is a link to the beautiful memorial video I put together for Rosie. I cannot find a way to post it on here directly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV1eruiycx8

On Saturday, Rosie was fine. She was eating, not quite as much as usual, but she ate. She was basking, flirting with Frankie, sitting in her favorite window for a while, and even went ouside to go to the bathroom. Everything was fine when I held her as she fell asleep that night. I laid her on her pillow and kissed her goodnight, never dreaming it would be the last time.

At 4am I awoke her to the sound of her throwing up. She threw up a little bit of blood and then went limp. I started calling her name and she opened her eyes and looked at me. I put my hand under her to warm her, but she started slipping away fast. I thought maybe she had gone back to sleep. By 9 am, she was almost gone. She took a tiny bit of water, made some strange motions with her mouth, and died in our hands.

The pain I feel right now, and have for the past 4 days is intense. I adored everything about Rosie.
59606-6432982781.jpg

Dear Rosie,
I don't know how to let you go. You are the most beautiful and the most intelligent little dragon I have ever seen. You comforted me through the most difficult time in my life. You made me smile every single day, no matter how tired or frustrated I was.
I thought you and I would be together for years and years. Why only three? Why did you have to go away so suddenly? I wish with all my heart you could come back to me.
I have been preparing myself for months to let go of Kitty because of her tumor. Somehow she has managed to stay with us and I am so thankful that she is still here. She misses you, too. Frankie has been looking for you.
Joshua and Marina are heartbroken as well. I have never heard them sob so hard. Andy could not turn the basking light off of you even after you were already gone. We took turns laying beside you and telling you goodbye, but it took us a long time to finally turn off the light and acknowlege that you were really gone.
We buried you with your stuffed alligator and your favorite blanket. You are beside Lulu and I put flowers on your grave. I sprinkle your favorite clover over your grave every day.
I want you back so badly. I miss holding you, kissing your beard, watching you run and play around the room and in the yard. I miss seeing you in the sunshine. I miss kissing you goodnight, but most of all I miss the morning cuddles when you were cold and you would press yourself into my neck to get warm. I miss holding you while I had my morning coffee and seeing you bob your head at little anole lizards out in the yard while you sat in the window.
My heart hurts so bad that it makes my stomache hurt. I never knew I could love a little animal as much as I loved you. I will always love you and miss you. Kitty gets two goodnight kisses now, one for her and one for you. Frankie misses flirting with you. Kitty misses getting soaks with you. Marina misses playing with you. We are all crushed. Josh and I go out every evening together to your grave to tell you goodnight.
59606-7721431255.jpg
I remember the day I picked you up in Tampa. You were 5 weeks old and Frankie was 2 weeks old. You sat in the little shoebox I had in the car for you and you stared up into my face the entire 70 minute drive home. By the time we pulled into the driveway that day, I was already loving you. That was three years ago. Just three short years, but it seems like we have been together so much longer.
I miss you so much, my beauty.
Wherever you are, I hope that there is sweet clover and plenty of sunshine. For now, I don't feel much sunshine. I just feel the pain of losing you. Even Andy is shocked at how much pain he feels over the loss, too. We love you. I hope in some way that you understood how much you were adored by everyone in our family. You touched our lives. You touched our hearts.
You are extraordinary, my sweet Rosie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom