Rest in peace Gilbert

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I lost my 4 month old baby Gilbert. I've been crying since I had to have him put down this morning. He was the sweetest little baby and always was so beyond happy to see me and to be taken out and cuddled. Gilbert passed away at 11:20 am this morning from a battle with yellow fungus. Besides the yellow fungus, he was a happy, energetic, healthy, and well taken care of baby. Even the vet told me I had taken such great care of him, and for him being my first and only beardie I couldn't be anymore proud of that. I was only lucky enough to have him in my life for 3 months, but I wouldn't trade those three months for anything in the world. Now, I feel like a huge part of my life is missing, and I wish I could get it back. Gilbert loved crickets more than anything and staring out the window his tank was next to while the sunlight shined in. He also loved to sleep in the most awkward spots and never in his house, so every morning I'd have to make sure no light shined into his tank so he wouldn't wake up. He was yellow with some orange and red. The day I got him I remember I didn't choose him, he chose me. Gilbert came right up to me the second I walked over to the tank and kept looking and tilting his head at me. I fell in love the second I saw him, and watching the vet walk out with him being the last time I'll ever see him was the absolute hardest thing. He was my little angel, and words can't even describe how much I miss him. I know I made the right decision to have him put down, but it doesn't make the pain and the loss any easier. I'll forever hold Gilbert in my heart and keep his memory alive although his life was cut so short. I know that if there's an afterlife he's there and can see how much I love and miss him. Rest in peace my little angel. I love you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom