Goodnight little Spyro

Status
Not open for further replies.
As some of you already know, Spyro passed some time on Wednesday night. It's taken me some time to wrap my head around it, but I think I'm ready to write his memorial post.

Spyro,
You were only with me for a short time. You came to join me in May from your first home, broken and skinny and dirty. It took a lot of love a patience, but we got you fixed up. You were able to walk, you were growing, you were getting so strong and big so fast. I was so happy for you. I loved watching you grow and I wish I could see you get even better. I'm so sorry that you fell. I'm sorry that I even took you out of your tank that day. If I had just left you, none of this would have ever happened and you would still be running around happy as can be. I wish you were with me right now, laying under my shirt like you loved to do. Losing you had been one of the hardest things I've ever done. I promise you I did everything I could to help you, to fix you. I would have done anything in the world to see you get better. I miss you so much. I'm so glad you came into my life. I love you with all of my heart and I'm going to miss you every day until I see you again. I love you so so much little buddy. Thanks for being mine.
Love, Kendall.

Spyro was buried in my back yard yesterday evening. It was a total shock to me because I thought he was doing so much better, but I guess it was his time. I wish there was something more I could have done for him, but I'm glad he's not sick or broken anymore, and I know I'll see him in heaven some day. It sounds selfish, but I'm glad the stress is over. Since he fell in September, I was always so scared he would flip over and I was having to keep track of so many medications and symptoms, moving him in and out of his heat lamp, and hand feeding him. I'm glad he can be at peace. I took his paw print on some oven bake clay to remember him with and in the spring I'll plant some flowers over his grave. Spyro was really something special, and I will never ever forget him.

SpyroFace_zpsbf8c77a7.png

Goodnight little buddie, momma loves you always.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jelynnm
Top Bottom