Goethe And Anja

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goethe and Anja. You were the ones who started it all. When my brother brought you guys home from school one day during winter break, I didn't know what to think. Initially, I was uninterested. At that point, I had no idea how to take care of bearded dragons. I didn't notice the symptoms. My brother took you guys back. By spring, I was enchanted. I was given the opportunity to get my own baby bearded dragon, I took the opportunity with great enthusiasm. I couldn't wait to get my baby beardie. Then came the moment when we were offered the chance to keep you guys forever, we took you guys in.

That night, I cried, I couldn't believe how the school had neglected you guys. No heating for weeks, no UVB, who knows if you were even fed at all in that time. I couldn't believe you guys were still alive. Anja, you had terrible mouth rot, you were so skinny, and weak. I didn't think you would make it through the night. Goethe, you were a little bit stronger, but so cold, I felt like you were an ice pack. But you guys pulled through. I honestly thought you guys were going to get through this. I got you fitted with the proper heating and UVB, you guys ate your greens like champs! You guys put on weight, it was great.

But Anja, you hit a plateau, you got better and then it stayed stagnant, no improvements, no regressions. Then you regressed. I didn't know your history, I didn't know how old you were, you must have had years of living without UVB, your MBD was bad, nothing helped. But you were a fighter. You lived for a year in our care. At the end of your life, we were feeding you baby food, to try to get some nutrients in your body, you couldn't even open your eyes, let alone lift your head. But you fought so hard to live. I got the call at work. You had passed away. I cried and cried, but in a way, I was relieved because you were no longer suffering. Sweet Anja, I hope you enjoyed life for a while when you had gotten better.

Then I turned my attention on Goethe, and for months, you was fine. You never showed the signs like Anja did. But it happened overnight. Once a healthy beardie, you started to lose weight really fast. I knew you were going through the same thing Anja went through. I tried to prevent that, I gave you medications and we spoonfed you just like we did with Anja. But you regressed so rapidly. Anja put up a fight but you looked like you were giving up. Dear Goethe, I had been at work yet again when you passed away. I had left my phone at work, and I didn't find out until I got home and saw your lights were off. I couldn't believe how fast the disease got to you. We had tried everything.

I love you guys, and I'm sorry we couldn't do more. it took me a while to write this up, I wasn't ready despite it being a few months since you guys passed away. I hope you guys had a good life with us.

Anja and Goethe
143gcom.jpg

Anja
167s4cp.jpg

Goethe
dedmq.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom