R.I.P. Nibbler

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nibbler - April 2004 to May 1,2014
Last night I lost one of my beardies, Nibbler, I only had him for a short time he was a rescue I homed, i brought him home to finish out the rest of his life, he was over 10 years old, he had 2 former owners and his story is a sad one. He was never properly taken care of, he had 1 owner for about 8 years and the 2nd for 2 years. when i got him he was undernourished and seemed sad. I brought him home got him eating and going the bath room regularly, got some old shed off of him and got some vitamins in him, He started coming around, he looked alot better and he looked happy in his new home. He lost part of his mobility in 1 leg so he had a hard time getting around so i had a small pet bed for him so he would always be comfortable when he was not being held. He would lay in his bed and look around the room very attentive at what was going on around him. a few nights ago i noticed a change in his behavior. I had a feeling his time was coming. I spent every minute i could with him, i took him to bed each night and held him as he fell off to sleep. The morning of, he woke up and looked around at me, in his own little way he pulled himself from my chest and settled down under my chin and fell back to sleep. It was a sunny morning and i took him in his bed and we went to the sunny spot in the room and i put him in the sun and i layed next to him until the sun passed. then i brought him up to his place tried to feed him he was not too interested in eating so i held him for few then set him down in his bed next to my desk and sat with him. He was happy and calm always looking up at me and he would get his head rubbed. later on that afternoon he faded away very peacefully, it was and still is very emotional, he was only in my life for a short time but i miss him so much.

R.I.P. Nibbler, Your in a better place basking on a rock in the sun, Where it is always sunny and nothing to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom