I miss you, my Titan, Rest in Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found Titan in Jan/13, in the pet shop where I buy my bugs. He was about 4 months old, had been abandoned there by his owners, with a burned head & left side of his face. I knew the lady who ran the reptile room, so immediately asked her if I could hold him and this was our pattern until I was able to raise the funds to bring him home in Mar/13. I took him to my vet, he was treated for the burns. He ate ALOT, gained a lot of weight and was healthy and happy. Then in Sept I noticed a lesion on his left side of his body and took him back to the vet, he was treated for a bacterial infection over 3 weeks. Then I noticed that the rash was worse, so had a biopsy done & he was diagnosed with Yellow Fungus, almost always a fatal disease in dragons. So I got the meds he needed & started him on anti-fungal cream, plus supplements to strengthen his immune system. Mid November he shed his whole body & even though I continued the meds & supplements I thought we had a good chance of beating this terrible disease. He was fine for a couple of weeks, but when I took him back to the vet at the end of November, he'd lost 200g and was in a lot of pain, the disease was everywhere. On Dec 19 I took him to the vet for the last time and said goodbye to my sweet Titan. He was only 1 1/2 yrs old. Now he's over the Rainbow Bridge with Sweetie, Issy, Loish and Angel and all the other lost beardies, healthy and playing...that's how I always picture him.

Thanks Gina for making this tribute for him:

So here's Titan's story, from Mar/13 to Dec/13:
First day home:

First bath:

Waving at me:

Looking outside:

Better way to check out the food dish:

1st black beard:

No more baths!

Starting to puff his beard:

Growing a belly:

Showing off his black beard:

New type of blanket, under the newspaper!

Sleeping on me, on top of Gabriel (my 3 yr old)

"Crickets!!"

Need more food!

Thanks Mom:

Ate them all:

Sleeping on his rock pillow:

With Gabriel, in the flowers:

Outside, please:

Spiderman:

Looking at who's on the living room floor:

Snoozing on Mom with Rubio:

Another bath?

My brother, Gabriel

More food please:

Pretty flowers:

Sunning with Lonzo & Gabriel:

What's those?

Yummy, roaches:

Look at that belly!

New tree, makes a good pillow:

My tree:

Where are those crickets? Big beard:

On the ramp, watching TV:

Using his hide for the first time:

Thinking about eating more salad while resting:

Getting bigger:

Sleeping on his basking spot: Titan & Gabriel on the ramp:

With Gabriel at the top of the ramp:

Sleeping with Gabriel & Rubio on my bed

A year old:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom