REST IN PEACE MY DARLING GEICO

Status
Not open for further replies.
I lost my beloved Geico this morning about 11 am 12/28/13 at just under 2 years old. I don't know what happened with him, he was lifeless with no heartbeat and no lung sounds this morning when I went to feed them. It wasn't till later in cleaning his tank that I found thick saliva that was yellow in color and yes it was saliva. Geico entered my life as a 7 gram baby that was 6 inches long. I raised him up to 688 grams and 19 inches long. He was my baby and I did baby him and spoiled him more than any other beardie I know. His little arm waves when I would look in on him were so sweet when he was little. As he grew he loved to snuggle up under my chin and fall asleep with a little butt wiggle. He loved his stuffed animals and drug them around by their ears if he could. He grew to love his baths and was trained to pooh in the bath. He never black bearded unless he was showing off but never out of anger or hunger or illness. Im sure from the stuff I found in his tank this morning he died of pnuemonia but never showed a sign of it. Geico glass danced, head bobbed, smiled and climbed all over anyone he liked usually to rest on their shoulder and he loved my shoulder to sit and watch things. This is hard to write but I have to, for closure on Geico. He was my baby and companion through a lot of stuff this past year. He gave me comfort just snuggling under my chin. I will miss the click of his little nails on his tiled floor in his tank, his running to the front of his tank for his breakfast, lunch and dinner. I cannot stop crying but need to get this out it helps. Geico is wrapped in saran wrap, and in his favorite blanket, I couldnt bear the though of him being in the ground skin to ground, so hes buried in my garden with his little stuffed gorilla hes had since he was a baby, in a sealed plastic box and its wrapped in a piece of flannel sheet. In the spring i will plant a rose bush over him so when it blooms it will remind me of him and his beauty inside and outside. I loved him so much and am missing him so very much. he returned that love in his beardie way. I think he knows for a lizard he had the best of everything I could offer him including check ups every 6 months and he hated the vet. i would like to think he is in a much better place tonight and is looking down on me and Emily and little Emmett who needed a home and is now occupying Geico's tank and smiling. Rest in peace my little darling Geico mommy loves you so much and misses you so very much. I will see you again and in the meantime, run and play, be happy..I love you my little Geico. REST IN PEACE SWEETHEART! As time goes on I may edit this, right now I am just totally heartbroken over the death of my Geico...mommy loves you Geico and always will. :(

4/28/14
Mommy still thinks of you sweetpea and miss you so very much! I talk to you every night and know you are at peace. Words cannot express how sorry I am that mommy didn't know you were sick. Had I known my little Geico, mommy would have had you at the vets no matter the cost. Sometimes I still feel you are with me through your brother Emmett. You will always be my first beardie and even though I have Emily and Emmett, nothing will fill your little shoes. You will never be forgotten and you will always be missed my little darling buddy. I loved you so very much and I think in your own way you knew that. I want you to go to Gruffy and say hi to him for mommy and climb up on his back and settle in and I will be with you two again someday, Till then you will be forever in my heart and thoughts, I love and miss you Geico. Save a place for me with you and gruffy. Love you my Geico.
Today May 13th I went to the mailbox and got a card from your vet. You know they loved you almost as much as mommy. Its a beautiful card signed by everyone at the office. They are all sorry that you passed on my little Geico. I think of you everyday and still say your prayers for you every night. Sometimes I still feel like you are with mommy but I know you are in a better place as sick as you were. I have put your things away now and have them in plastic bags stored away. I miss you more every day and love you the same sweetpea. Mommy still cries from time to time missing you so much. Sleep well my scaly angel and I will be with you some day so be good and sleep peacefully. I love and miss you!
12/27/14
It has almost been a year and I miss you terribly. Mommy spent some time with you at your grave today. I cried as I brushed the snow away. I miss you as much today as I did when you went to beardie heaven. I know you are whole and healthy, playing with the other beardies. I miss you and love you my little Geico. Mommy will be with you some day and will never leave you. For now find your furry brother Gruffy and cling to him, he will take care of you till I get there. Love you and miss you my loved scaley angel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom