Goodbye Bacon...

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was almost on this very day 6 years ago that you came into my life. You were such a little thing; braving the trip from the pet store in the palm of a hand. Your original purpose to serve as a companion for college roommates. You quickly became so much more.

Our time together may have been cut short at only 6yrs, but you lived to see my best and my worst. When I was feeling sad, you cheered me up. When I was feeling lonely, you were a friend. When I didn't think it was worth continuing on, you gave me a purpose. And when I finally flourished, you were there to see it; reminding me where I have been and where I am going.

And when the vet said that you would likely not make through the night, we fought together. And three weeks later when you finally lost your battle, I was there to tuck you into your blanket and wish you goodnight one last time.

Thank you Bacon; thank you for holding on. Thank you for giving me time to say my goodbyes. I'm sorry I didn't see the signs earlier. I'm sorry I couldn't make you better, but I know your at peace now. We will see each other again one day, and when we do I'll bring your favorites, superworms and carrot slices.

Goodbye Bacon. Goodbye my beautiful Dragon. You were an amazing companion and a wonderful addition to my life.

With love,

your human slave.

P.S.
I never told you this Bacon, but you got your name after I consumed several beers at my favorite Mexican Restaurant. I was asked what your name should be, to which I loudly proclaimed Bacon. Perhaps it was the beer or perhaps it was destiny, but the name stuck and I can't think of a better name for such an awesome friend. Everybody loves Bacon, and everyone loved you.

First day in your new home!
CIMG0294_zpsb23a7a22.jpg

Always being cheeky!
IMG_0020-1_zps5f64d859.jpg

Relaxation master at work!
IMG_0216_zpsab4a1b80.jpg

Sleep well sweetheart, you earned your rest. I miss you.
IMG_0169_zpsf87e79bb.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom