We miss you Phoenix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our baby Phoenix was a fighter. He pushed on through so much and was a brave, strong little boy. When he retained a shed on his tail we stayed by his side and soaked him in Betadine and kept him healthy and hydrated until the end of his tail healed up & he was a happy healthy beardie again. When he would go a few days without passing a bowel movement we would be in panic giving him baths & keeping a close eye on him like a hawk. However, this last time that he went without passing a bowel movement he went about 2 weeks without a healthy successful b.m. He would pass urates every now and then but nothing more. I was reading up on the internet everything that we could do or if it could just possibly be brumation and me worrying over nothing since it was indeed the winter months. We fed him olive oil, stopped crickets, and even tried to get him to eat some prunes as well as bathing him for 20 minutes or more a few times a day. He tried and tried, and he successfully passed some 2 nights ago for us. I was so happy, and he was so exhausted. We were very sad to find that he had passed on over night. My poor baby. He tried so hard & his condition was looking to be fixing itself like all of the other times. I fear the chitinous shell of those crickets were just too much to handle at times, or maybe we ended up giving him one that was too large for the little guy. I feel so sad that we lost him. It's very heartbreaking to lose a baby that you've been raising for nearly a year. We buried him next to some flowers in our back yard yesterday morning. I was supposed to be at work, but waking up to that caused me to be so shook up that my boss just sent me home so that I could let the shock fade away.

We miss you Phoenix. I wish that we could have done more for you. I wish we would have caught your condition before it got so serious. At least you are no longer in pain now. <3 Rest in piece beautiful boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom