Rest Peacefully Beautiful little Elvis

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is with a very heavy and saddened heart that I am writing this now. At just a little over 3 months of being with us, our beloved little Elvis has passed. He was such a sweet little guy with a very unique attitude and we miss him dearly already. I've cried until my eyes are swollen and it hurts to cry but I can't stop. It's not going to be the same without our little dragon here. He was far too young and such a pretty little boy to be gone already. I talked to other dragon owners I had come to meet here locally about what happened, and they say it was most likely something genetic that caused it, that it wasn't anything we did wrong. He was a happy little guy and had plenty to eat, the right size home and lighting, and was treated very well. He was VERY loved. If you'd told me this time last year that I'd have been so in love with a lizard and be so devastated that he was gone, I'd probably call you crazy, but here I am. He passed peacefully, with a smile on his little face under his favorite thing in the world, his rock that we got just for him that he loved to lay all over and didn't like anyone touching. The other owners I know said Elvis was lucky to have people that loved him so much, that so few little dragons here get that much love, care and attention as he did, that we were great dragon people. We didn't own him, HE owned US. I just wish there was something I could have done even though everyone keeps telling me there is nothing more I could have, that I tried and did what I was supposed to do. I'm just heartbroken right now. He took a big piece of my heart with him when he left us this morning. I stayed up with him til the end. My son got to hold his little buddy one last time before he got worse right at the end and we told him how much we loved him and pet his head like he loved so much. I put him back in his terrarium because he felt cold to help get him warm, and he crawled up on his rock and lay on it like he loved to do at night. He kept flicking his tail at me as I watched over him and would occasionally move a little and open his eyes and look at me. Every time he did I would talk to him, call him our pretty boy like I always did, and tell him Mommy loved him. He moved one last time, to the spot under his rock, opened his mouth and smiled at me like he sometimes did when I'd give him his worm treats or was petting on him, and he lay his head and tail down and went to sleep. He was gone, and my heart was torn in two. I feel like I failed him somehow, that if I'd done something different or tried something else, he'd still be here with us, watching tv with me and my son like he liked to do. He went peacefully, with a smile, and took our hearts with him. We didn't get the time most get with theirs, but a little dragon named Elvis stole our hearts from day one, and still has them. Rest peacefully beautiful little Elvis. No one will ever take your place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom