How should I keep my Bearded Dragon warm at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebigman83

Recently I've been concerned with how I should handle controlling my enclosures warmth. My enclosure uses 2 heat lamps to keep it at 100 degrees Fahrenheit. For the 4 months I've had my dragon I've simply turned off all lights and heatlamps at night. Recently however I've become concerned with whether or not I should be doing this, as I've been using more ac to keep myself cool. Last night as an experiment I only turned off one of my heatlamps and the uv light, keeping the other heat lamp on. My beardie seemed to like this alot more, as they slept in a little shady cave they have instead of falling asleep where the lamps normally shine. Should I keep one lamp on at night? Or am I fine turning off both lamps

Gail

BD.org Addict
Turn off the lights, dragons do fine with being cool at night. If your house if getting below 60F, you can use a ceramic heat emitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AcidicReality
Top Bottom