How should I keep my Bearded Dragon warm at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thebigman83

Recently I've been concerned with how I should handle controlling my enclosures warmth. My enclosure uses 2 heat lamps to keep it at 100 degrees Fahrenheit. For the 4 months I've had my dragon I've simply turned off all lights and heatlamps at night. Recently however I've become concerned with whether or not I should be doing this, as I've been using more ac to keep myself cool. Last night as an experiment I only turned off one of my heatlamps and the uv light, keeping the other heat lamp on. My beardie seemed to like this alot more, as they slept in a little shady cave they have instead of falling asleep where the lamps normally shine. Should I keep one lamp on at night? Or am I fine turning off both lamps

Gail

BD.org Addict
Turn off the lights, dragons do fine with being cool at night. If your house if getting below 60F, you can use a ceramic heat emitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom