Steam Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

zachburnav

Hatchling Member
If I use a steam cleaner rather than chemicals to clean my beardie's enclosure, will only steam be effective enough? Or will I need to use steam + some sort of chemical? I'm trying to find a more efficient way to clean my beardie's cage, especially since his decor is wooden and his cage is pretty big. Thanks!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Steam works effectively by itself as long as your steamer actually produces a good amount of steam and not just hot moist air lol.

You can check it by using a thermometer in the steam it produces to see what temperature it gets to.

Surfaces need to be exposed to the hot steam for at least a few seconds (temperature dependant. Hotter temperature, less time) to kill bacteria and viruses.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom