Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm building a rather large enclosure, I think I'm after a T8 high output may be in the 24 + length range.

Also I'm looking for a basking bulb and I wonder what the difference is between tungsten and tungsten halogen

I'm also looking for a dimmable temperature control box for the Basking light. I wanted to be automatic but I don't seem to be able to find one in America

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would get a Zoo Med fixture or Arcadia Pro T 5 for your UVB and a T 5 not the T 8 --- the T 5 is the stronger bulb and more suited for a larger enclosure --- the distance is different from the bulbs - the other things I cant help w/ but some others on here can --- Cooper Dragon or Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No T 8's are not as strong --- and the distance for them is 6-8 inches inside the tank --- they need to be changed out every 6 months where as the T 5 distance is 12-15 inches and placement can depend on th screen --- they need to be changed out once a year I recommend a month prior to

Incc74656i

Original Poster
Okay, good to know.

I'm also looking for a basking lamp that is a Tungsten filament and a floodlight rather than a spotlight. I seem to be having a really hard time figuring out exactly what the wavelengths are on the different bulbs, when I went to Petco every box had the same generic stamp on it for wavelength

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would PM Cooper Dragon on those I am not savvy in that area --- find Coopers name on the board and click on it his profile will come up look on the left side of the page find PM and go from there --

Incc74656i

Original Poster
Done.

What about temperature control? I would like a thermostat that can control my basking lights on a dimmer switch automatically, I can find them available in Europe and I saw a couple of cheap things here in America but they look real sketchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom