Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm building a rather large enclosure, I think I'm after a T8 high output may be in the 24 + length range.

Also I'm looking for a basking bulb and I wonder what the difference is between tungsten and tungsten halogen

I'm also looking for a dimmable temperature control box for the Basking light. I wanted to be automatic but I don't seem to be able to find one in America

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would get a Zoo Med fixture or Arcadia Pro T 5 for your UVB and a T 5 not the T 8 --- the T 5 is the stronger bulb and more suited for a larger enclosure --- the distance is different from the bulbs - the other things I cant help w/ but some others on here can --- Cooper Dragon or Brandon

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
No T 8's are not as strong --- and the distance for them is 6-8 inches inside the tank --- they need to be changed out every 6 months where as the T 5 distance is 12-15 inches and placement can depend on th screen --- they need to be changed out once a year I recommend a month prior to

Incc74656i

Original Poster
Okay, good to know.

I'm also looking for a basking lamp that is a Tungsten filament and a floodlight rather than a spotlight. I seem to be having a really hard time figuring out exactly what the wavelengths are on the different bulbs, when I went to Petco every box had the same generic stamp on it for wavelength

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
I would PM Cooper Dragon on those I am not savvy in that area --- find Coopers name on the board and click on it his profile will come up look on the left side of the page find PM and go from there --

Incc74656i

Original Poster
Done.

What about temperature control? I would like a thermostat that can control my basking lights on a dimmer switch automatically, I can find them available in Europe and I saw a couple of cheap things here in America but they look real sketchy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom