Please critic my enclosure!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
111595-7394359191.jpg
Hello I have had Bell for a full month now. I believe he is 2 months old as he is 9". My main question is "am I letting him get too close to his lights?" He basks here often and likes to sleep there too.
111595-2510871492.jpg
(he is up on top of his hammock)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If the UVB is a T 8 bulb it needs to be inside the tank
Approx 6-8 inches directly over the basking decor piece -

Krisuncula

Original Poster
It is a t5 10.0. Hes in a 40gal tank. I'm not sure about the basking light. I got it from a starter bundle. I'm using a ceramic heat emitter at night. The basking light is about 4" above the screen and the uvb covers half the tank. Should I lower the hammock a couple inches? He seems to like it where it is but he is a baby so he might not know what's best for himself.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
The screen on the tank is a fine mesh or a wide hole type-- if it's a fine mesh it needs to go inside the tank or be unobstructed- if it's a wide hole type the basking decor needs to be 8-10 directly underneath
The screen will block 30% of those rays
4" is pretty close either lower the hammock or get a higher wattage bulb but you MUST have a digital probe thermometer to get the temp especially on hammocks
You don't need the heat emitter unless the tank is dropping below 65 at nite temps at nite should be 65-75 no lights on at nite

Krisuncula

Original Poster
111595-9388328362.jpg
this is the hood I'm using(with a 10.0 bulb). I'm going to lower the hammock a bit. I have 2 thermometers and a hydrometer as well. The hot side registers 98f and is located beside the suction cup for the bottom left of the corner hammock. Cool side is 89f with 32% humidity.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Screen plays a big role in UVB rays if shes not getting enough she will get sick --- please adjust accordingly so she get the correct UVB rays --- your going to want to upgrade that fixture eventually a 14" is pretty small for a 401 gallon tank and if you go bigger tank wise I would recommend the same brand but the 24" fixture take the probe of the thermometer and place it on the spot where she sits -- then get the temp it will give you an accurate temp -right now your getting ambient temps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom