New Dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheekwa

Oh I feel so dumb. Got my first dragon but I’ve owned geckos before. Well I started ordering everything online including the dragon. I got a descent discount on a nipped tail and it looks totally normal. The problem is I ordered all my stuff at once and little did I know they were going to overnite the dragon and I have no enclosure for it yet. Can I use a box until Tuesday until I get everything ?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Use a plastic 20 gallon tote --- make sure the basking lights are secure for him so it doesnt burn the tote up -- do you have any lights for heat or UVB?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your dragon needs lights now-- go get a basking dome and bright white basking bulb - get a digital probe thermometer your going to need that anyway- he cannot live w/ out heat uvb yes you can take him outside in a plastic tote NO GLASS do not leave him place him in direct sunlight / partial shade for 15 minutes that will supply the UVB - do this everyday till the lights come in - what did you order for a UVB? No coils they are inadequate- place the probe thermometer on the basking decor wait 10 minutes get temp you want it 105-110- if you have a 10 gallon aquarium that will work too but you must have a thermometer -- you need to watch the basking temps so you don't burn him up

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Correct UVB and basking temps are crucial to your dragons health

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

Your dragon should be fine for a day or two. If it's warm where you are, you can definitely
take him outdoors for several short stints daily to help warm him up a little more & gain some
UVB exposure, too.
Be sure to post some pictures of him for us also.

Tracie

Cheekwa

Original Poster
Dragon is doing much better. Got the tote late last night and put a blanket over it. Woke up this morning put her out in the sun for 15 minutes and dragon came to life, big difference. Got the lamps(uvb) this afternoon and really loved it. Just started drinking a few minutes ago. Will try a delicious silkworm later. You guys are great thanks so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom