Temperature in Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hot temps average 96 in the day and 75 at night. My cool side temp stays at around 76-79. Are these temps okay? I have a heating pad and a heat lamp on the hot side as well as a UVB 24” bulb mounted in the middle of the tank. I have an extra heating pad that I have incase of emergencies or really cold weather (but I live in the south so cold weather is rare).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How big is the tank? You need basking temps 95-100 for a adult dragon -- please get rid of the heating pad --- what are you using for a wattage of bulb --- it needs to be a bright white bulb that keeps the temp I posted -- and make sure your taking those temps w/ a digital probe thermometer - NO stick ons please -- the probe needs to be set where the dragon sits for basking 10 minutes or so then get the temp - if its not in the range I posted then either raise the decor or get a higher wattage but you MUST have the probe ---

alyxandpuff

Original Poster
The bulb is a 100 watt bulb for the 65 gallon tank. I have two digital probe thermometers— one on either side. Should I get a higher wattage bulb?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would invest in a CHE ceramic heat emitter for winter --- place the heat emitter on the screen center of the tank and it will heat the whole tank in the winter --- you want a dome w/a ceramic socket and I would try a 100 watt - it should keep the tank around 70-75 in the winter at nite or above 65-- -- as for now the 96 is good for basking but shut the heating pad off and see what your getting for temps w/ out it --- if the temp drops below the 95 then up the wattage on the bulb -- you dont want it over 110-- older dragons do not like real hot temps usually the 95-100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom