Temperature in Viv

Status
Not open for further replies.
My hot temps average 96 in the day and 75 at night. My cool side temp stays at around 76-79. Are these temps okay? I have a heating pad and a heat lamp on the hot side as well as a UVB 24” bulb mounted in the middle of the tank. I have an extra heating pad that I have incase of emergencies or really cold weather (but I live in the south so cold weather is rare).

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
How big is the tank? You need basking temps 95-100 for a adult dragon -- please get rid of the heating pad --- what are you using for a wattage of bulb --- it needs to be a bright white bulb that keeps the temp I posted -- and make sure your taking those temps w/ a digital probe thermometer - NO stick ons please -- the probe needs to be set where the dragon sits for basking 10 minutes or so then get the temp - if its not in the range I posted then either raise the decor or get a higher wattage but you MUST have the probe ---

alyxandpuff

Original Poster
The bulb is a 100 watt bulb for the 65 gallon tank. I have two digital probe thermometers— one on either side. Should I get a higher wattage bulb?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I would invest in a CHE ceramic heat emitter for winter --- place the heat emitter on the screen center of the tank and it will heat the whole tank in the winter --- you want a dome w/a ceramic socket and I would try a 100 watt - it should keep the tank around 70-75 in the winter at nite or above 65-- -- as for now the 96 is good for basking but shut the heating pad off and see what your getting for temps w/ out it --- if the temp drops below the 95 then up the wattage on the bulb -- you dont want it over 110-- older dragons do not like real hot temps usually the 95-100

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom