Heat bulbs

Status
Not open for further replies.
What kind of heat bulbs do you guys use for your dragons? I’ve just been using the reptile heat bulbs from the pet store and they burn out SO FAST. I spend $10-$15 per bulb and they burn out sometimes within a few days. I always have extras on hand because of this but I’m sure there are better alternatives that will save me money. Thanks for all your help!

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

I think that most here on the board tend to use the PAR 38 Halogen flood bulbs. They tend
to be nice & bright as well as put out a great amount of heat.
It does seem like that the specialized reptile basking bulbs burn out prematurely for some reason.
What sized tank are you using?

Tracie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Check the wattage on the dome- if the bulb is more than what the dome can handle they are going to burn out a lot quicker --- also the plug in as well ---

Hjballinger

Original Poster
Drache613":3eshm5l6 said:
Hello,

I think that most here on the board tend to use the PAR 38 Halogen flood bulbs. They tend
to be nice & bright as well as put out a great amount of heat.
It does seem like that the specialized reptile basking bulbs burn out prematurely for some reason.
What sized tank are you using?

Tracie
Thank you, I’m using a 40 gallon breeder tank. I know now that it’s on the smaller side but he gets plenty of time outside of his cage to explore

Hjballinger

Original Poster
KarrieRee":2eq62j7z said:
Check the wattage on the dome- if the bulb is more than what the dome can handle they are going to burn out a lot quicker --- also the plug in as well ---

I do check the wattage and make sure the dome can handle it, they still burn out fast. Thank you though!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chad03109
Top Bottom