BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You need a piece of decor directly under the UVB for a T 5 8-10 inches

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Distance for the T5 of 8 inches should be good -- basking spot around 95 is good - I would try and get him a different piece for basking under his lamp something that will give him more of gradient heat 95-100- especially w/ him being injured - he may not want hotter temps but you can atleast offer him the warmer temps -- a piece like this or something similar would be good - this one I am showing can sit different ways in the tank - the log stick part layed on the floor of the tank is good for laying the head on or propped up on they can utilize this piece in many different ways - https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/thrive-driftwood-reptile-decor-54734.html?cgid=500116

Chrissy816

Original Poster
Hi yes the uvb light does go all the way to the end above where he sits on his rock. It was a little confusing on how to get his basking bulb in the same area because the top opens in half.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
As long as he can get directly under the UVB 8-10 inches it doesnt matter where in the tank he is --

Chrissy816

Original Poster
Ok and thank Karrie, we did have a log like that in there also but he really can’t climb up with his arm injury. We took it out to make it easier to maneuver and he really likes the hide in that rock. When it’s too hot for him he has been backing down a little so then I know he wants it cooler. I’m hoping he heals fast and these lights help my poor buddy..

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok they should help him --- I would put the piece back in once the arm heals up --- was he using it prior to ?

Chrissy816

Original Poster
Not really, he really just enjoyed his rock mostly because that’s where his light is, I never had a second light over the branch but I can add one.. I just hope his arm isn’t a neuro issue and heals. Crossing fingers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom