Basking spot hasn't been hot enough the past 2 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Madison2150

Hello! I have a 9month old beardie, Arachna! I had to remake my account because my password was lost. Anyways, Arachnas basking spot isn't getting hot enough. It's sitting at 96 right now. Yesterday it was 75 when I woke up , and it went up to about 89. We just replaced our basking bulb 2 weeks ago. (150w basking bulb. We have a 40gal) and we replaced the UVB last night. (I bought the wrong size hood (36") and didn't get a chance to buy the right size for a couple months. (24"). I would love some tips. I want him to be warm enough to eat breakfast. His lights have now been on 2 hours so it's about time to feed him, would he be okay ? Thanks! Also, his thermometer that sits on the floor of his hot side says 85. On top of his basking area is 96.2.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Where is the UVB? Inside the tank or on top of screen? Basking temps are being taken how? Digital probe thermometer or a stick on?

Madison2150

Original Poster
KarrieRee":1y9v0vn4 said:
Where is the UVB? Inside the tank or on top of screen? Basking temps are being taken how? Digital probe thermometer or a stick on?
useruploads

Not sure if i added the photo right. The UVB is a T5 10.0, so it is on the mesh. I have a thermometer gun I use for Temps and he has a probe on top of his hot spot, one on the floor of the hot side, one in the middle, and two on the cool side. There is also a dehumidifier

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Ok your screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or is it a wide holed type-? 96 is ok for basking - the decor piece does it offer different temp gradients?

Madison2150

Original Poster
KarrieRee":23wxcypl said:
Ok your screen on the tank is a fine mesh like a screen door or is it a wide holed type-? 96 is ok for basking - the decor piece does it offer different temp gradients?
[url=https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads//]https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads//[/url] [img]
That is my screen. And yes, on the "rock" on the top and middle I'm getting 108 with my temp gun. Maybe my other probe thermometer is going bad? I don't see that being the issue though. I'm not sure.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Your image did not post -- go back into message box click on the XIMG your pics will come up if they have downloaded then click on the pic it should post

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom