Loose Substrate - is this Okay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was about to purchase this loose substrate off amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Critters-Comfort-Coconut-Reptile-Substrate/dp/B07NFCXYXF/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8) but wanted to make sure it was okay before pulling the trigger. "Critters Comfort Coconut Reptile Bedding Organic Substrate - Fine, 21 Quarts"

My three year old bearded dragon has been digging a lot lately and am planning on her new tank having a substrate with a mix of Play Sand/That Bedding/Slate Tiles

I cannot find any reviews mentioning risk of impaction for bearded dragons, only reviews mentioning it was too fine for other reptiles. Looks great from what I can tell so far, but it is still coconut husk.

Thank you

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
thermalsurfing10":2c6wp5vv said:
I was about to purchase this loose substrate off amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Critters-Comfort-Coconut-Reptile-Substrate/dp/B07NFCXYXF/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8) but wanted to make sure it was okay before pulling the trigger. "Critters Comfort Coconut Reptile Bedding Organic Substrate - Fine, 21 Quarts"

My three year old bearded dragon has been digging a lot lately and am planning on her new tank having a substrate with a mix of Play Sand/That Bedding/Slate Tiles

I cannot find any reviews mentioning risk of impaction for bearded dragons, only reviews mentioning it was too fine for other reptiles. Looks great from what I can tell so far, but it is still coconut husk.

Thank you
NO …. not for a bearded dragon .

OK for a Bluetongue skink though ( looks like course Kritters Krumple that I use for BT skinks mixed with shed eucalyptus leaves and bark ).

Tiles or lino or a few layers of paper towels are best for bearded dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daniefran04
Top Bottom