How to cool off enclosure?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

natnat

We're having a heat wave in Mass right now and since it normally doesn't get that hot up here my house doesn't have AC. My viv is way to hot, I have just one 50 watt basking lamp on right now so the hot spot is a good 100 deg but the rest of the tank is still 95 deg and I can't figure out how to cool it down. I have a fan in the room and I even have wrapped ice in a towel in an attempt to get it to cool down in the viv but nothing is helping. Any advice on getting the viv to cool down?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Open your tank doors if you have them --- leave them open for awhile or also turn off the basking light and just leave the UVB on -- is the tank on a second floor or main floor? What is the temp in your house

natnat

Original Poster
it's on the second floor because we have cats so his viv has to be in its own room. The house is around 88 deg. I'll try leaving the doors open when im home.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The second floor is too hot and if the door is closed it's going to make it hotter-- you either need to get a window a/c or move the tank downstairs -- you do not want the dragon to get heat stroke and w/ the tank being in the 90's the dragon has to where to cool off

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I concur with Kerrie

Unplug the basking globe entirely .

If it's too difficult / hazardous to move tank down the steps , the best bet is
a portable room refrigerative aircon like this will knock down the relative humidity as well the temperature FAST
https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/carson-portable-air-conditioner-mobile-fan-cooler-cooling-dehumidifier-15000btu/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Bing+PLAs&utm_term=1101400107879&utm_content=Ad+group+%231
or if the budget wont stretch that far , a portable room evaporative cooler , be aware , it will add to room humidity , but will drop the room temperature in inland areas where the relative humidity is lower ( not as good in coastal areas ).

If you want a justification , the aircon or room cooler ( portable on wheels ) will make people and pets sharing the room much more comfy too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom