Lights on in summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawson

How long should the lights be on in the summer months? I usually run mine from 8 to 8 and Gobi is usually asleep before I turn them off. Do I need to run them longer in the summer months? Not sure if age matters but he is about 10 months.

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I run the UV and basking for 15 hours in summer .

If it's heat wave ( hotter the 90 F in the house ) unplug the basking globe and ONLY run the UV .

Slawson

Original Poster
Oh wow ok. Not sure he will be happy about that lol. I have my air conditioner on so it’s always comfortable in here. He has been in his hide for all day yesterday and hasn’t come out today. I’m wondering if he thinks it’s brumation time?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
What are the temps in the tank --? If they are too cold he will sleep-- NO stick ons for basking temps-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom