Exo terra 36x18 plastic cross and heat lamp

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same enclosure. I run a 75w basking bulb and a Reptisun 24" T5 10.0 UVB.

What I did was mount the UVB hood/light fixture inside the tank using the middle crossbar on that screen with XL zip ties from Wal-Mart. It's not exactly possible to get the UVB and Basking right above the basking spot. It's going to be a little offset given how they made the top (dumb design)

and all you need to not have to worry about burning the plastic is a 5"-5.5" dome lamp.. that's what I use. I've seen them in clamp style, with/without dimmer, or just plain on/off.. otherwise great enclosure.. just silly screen top design.
110986-4162485492.jpg

I have changed it up since taking this picture..took out the background, switched to non adhesive shelf liner, and I put the basking light on the back right corner and arranged different pieces of cork bark and decor to build like a little mountain to get up close to the UVB/Basking Bulbs.. I can get more pictures if you need them

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
You want a piece of decor directly under the UVB 12-15 inches -- it wont matter if its right w/ the basking bulb -- its optimal but I would get another bulb like a low watt basking bulb 50 or 75 w/ dome or a regular house hold bulb like a 40-60 watt NO LED's -- to keep the middle of your tank in the 90's it will be like a second basking area for him and then he can sit under the UVB and the heat lamp as well --- make sure you have your digital probe thermometer

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I've had some luck putting foil over the plastic pieces where they come close to the lamp. I eventually started hanging the fixture from an adjustable lamp stand a little bit above the top of the enclosure, but I remember having the same issue and a folded over piece of foil cover the plastic kept it from melting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom