Best substrate for a Bearded dragon with MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardielady102

Hello everyone, just looking for some advice.
This past year I rescued a bearded dragon from a bad situation. He is around 5 years old and has MBD from his previous owners not using correct heating, UVB or calcium all his life. Long story short he has a bit of issues with his back legs when he is walking but the vet was very impressed with his function and energy when I brought him in! I have been struggling with what substrate would work best for him though because of his issues. I have been using paper towel recently, because he underwent vet treatment for some parasites but now he is doing better. I was thinking about doing tile but I am worried about him having trouble with traction but it needs to be something I can keep pretty sanitary for him. If anyone has any advice it would be great!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Slated ceramic tile is good but for him w/ MBD I would go w/ something more softer like some textured NON adhesive shelf liner --- its easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 --- insects cannot get underneath and cut to the size of your tank - you can get it at your local home improvement store - you can add some soft fleece blankets in his hide some soft towels to climb on etc --

Beardielady102

Original Poster
KarrieRee":16x48mzi said:
Slated ceramic tile is good but for him w/ MBD I would go w/ something more softer like some textured NON adhesive shelf liner --- its easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 --- insects cannot get underneath and cut to the size of your tank - you can get it at your local home improvement store - you can add some soft fleece blankets in his hide some soft towels to climb on etc --
thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom