Best substrate for a Bearded dragon with MBD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beardielady102

Hello everyone, just looking for some advice.
This past year I rescued a bearded dragon from a bad situation. He is around 5 years old and has MBD from his previous owners not using correct heating, UVB or calcium all his life. Long story short he has a bit of issues with his back legs when he is walking but the vet was very impressed with his function and energy when I brought him in! I have been struggling with what substrate would work best for him though because of his issues. I have been using paper towel recently, because he underwent vet treatment for some parasites but now he is doing better. I was thinking about doing tile but I am worried about him having trouble with traction but it needs to be something I can keep pretty sanitary for him. If anyone has any advice it would be great!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Slated ceramic tile is good but for him w/ MBD I would go w/ something more softer like some textured NON adhesive shelf liner --- its easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 --- insects cannot get underneath and cut to the size of your tank - you can get it at your local home improvement store - you can add some soft fleece blankets in his hide some soft towels to climb on etc --

Beardielady102

Original Poster
KarrieRee":16x48mzi said:
Slated ceramic tile is good but for him w/ MBD I would go w/ something more softer like some textured NON adhesive shelf liner --- its easy to clean w/ vinegar/ water 50/50 --- insects cannot get underneath and cut to the size of your tank - you can get it at your local home improvement store - you can add some soft fleece blankets in his hide some soft towels to climb on etc --
thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom