Large hideaway for Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
I'll look into it all. As for the light fixture the reptile store suggested I get this reptisun 10.0 26w since I lacked funds for an actual new lighting system. He said its a compact florescent tube. And better than the exo terra coil I originally had. And this was meant for a 40 gallon tank. He also suggested I get a hammock and place it close. So far so good. He has been much more active. So I guess its ok. His etsy Hammock comes in next week.

Yes I have 5 cats and 3 dogs. The cats are already locked up while the dogs are out. And vice versa.

*Fun Fact* the dogs and Ranger belong to my younger sister. She bought him for Black Friday years ago and after a few months stopped caring for him. He's my first lizard. And as for the dogs... She got a new dog everytime she moved out?? so I'm doing the best I can while taking care of my sisters want nots.

I'll save up and try to get him an actual florescent tube light but they are like $100... And that's just not in my budget at the moment. So I'll be taking him on field trips for extra UVB. But the guy at the reptile store assured me due to the size of the tank the bulb I've got is sufficient.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
The 26 watt needs to be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor NO OBSTRUCTION-- it's not a bad coil-- it needs to be replaced every 6 months- reflective dome as well

beardedlady1

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":svpk9xu6 said:
The 26 watt needs to be 6-8 inches directly above the basking decor NO OBSTRUCTION-- it's not a bad coil-- it needs to be replaced every 6 months- reflective dome as well

I was at Goodwill today and I thought to myself wouldn't it be funny if there was a fluorescent fixture for Ranger here? And as soon as I had that thought sure enough there was a T5 fixture sitting on the shelf! It's magnetic and it works! $5 so now I have his T5 fluorescent fixture which will fit perfectly in his tank. I also bought him a lizard lounger and suction-cup that leading up to his UVB light in the hood. Since it does not emit any Heat. Of course that was the plan, but he enjoys laying under the mesh lounger thing instead of climbing the mesh lounger thing. He only climbs it when I put him on it LOL but when I get home today I have plans on putting the T5 fixture in his tank. Should I leave the hood with the other UVB lights just as extra? I also got him a leash so we can go places. We haven't gone on any field trips as of yet but I did hook him to the flagpole and let him run around outside under direct supervision. No unauthorized meals on my watch LOL

92959-4866921846.jpg

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
That is just the bulb correct? W/ out a reflector it's not going to do much good-- please keep the 26 watt your using- and the bulb for a T 5 needs to be a Reptisun 10.0- the T 5 bulb needs to go into a fixture w/ reflector- so until you get a fixture I would not put it in the tank--- and it's good he has a lounger now-- the outside will do him a lot of good too-- I cant tell if that has a reflector or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yunasmama
Top Bottom