Introduced Beardie to new substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rex turned 6 months March 9th and I've very recently switched him to a loose substrate (A 70% Topsoil and 30% Sand mix) Like I switched it yesterday, and I'm wondering if it would have negative effects on him with introducing new substrate.

He'd been glass surfing and bobbing before I switched it out but it seems it's aggravated him, He's just one of the sassy beardies that bobs after basically everything and anything. but he's glass surfing a ton more. He's got a completely white stomach and beard so he isn't much stressed. But he's been pacing the glass for the entire 1 1/2 days I've had the new substrate. Is this normal? will he eventually calm down? Asking for a friend :)

109360-4094510879.jpg

109360-1922184471.jpg

109360-9096461776.jpg
(You can see he's been pacing in this one)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Not sure about the substrate thing I know they dont like change but I recommend you get the UVB in the tank -- the screen is blocking 30% of the rays and it needs to be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor
97951-5464430083.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom