Lighting Help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardedBendy

Newer Beardie owner here and need some input from the pros(that's you). I'm in the process of getting a larger tank for my Beardie and am worried about the lighting situation because what I have now obviously won't work. The new tank is 4x2x2. I plan on getting a 34" T5 HO reptisun for his uvb but can't find a fixture for it. It will need to be mounted inside the tank and I don't want it to be too bulky. Do I need that long of a bulb? Any lighting diagrams, setup pictures, links, are appreciated.
PS interior lighting kind of worries me about unwanted burns. Do those bulbs create a lot of heat?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
UVB's do not produce a lot of heat and your going to need it inside the tank w/ a distance of 12-15 inches for a T5--- I would get a 24" fixture they work fine --- https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html 24"
Reptisun 10.0 T 5 is out of stock on this site you will need to find it on another site - the Zoo Med fixture comes w/ a 5.0 bulb hang on to it it can be used as a back up but distance would be different- this place I posted sells out of the fixture quickly and their shipping is $7 --
97951-5464430083.jpg

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

We usually recommend that the tube bulbs only take up about 2/3rd's of the total length of
the tank so that your dragon will be able to have an area in the tank to retreat out of the area
of intense UVB rays.
You can mount it at one end, along with overlapping with the basking light leaving the other
end a little cooler. Do you already have the 4x2x2 all ready for him except for the lighting?

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom