Which T5 HO fixture is best?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking for the right T5 fixture for my beardie Jumbo in the US. I've been browsing the forums, and some recommend a basic Walmart under-counter fixture, others recommend Carolina Custom or Arcadia fixtures for 7 to 10 times the price.
I'm planning to hang it from the top screen inside the enclosure. I would assume that a reflector helps, the Carolina Custom comes with a reflector, and there are also reflectors sold separately.

Another question, where to buy the bulbs for the best price?

Thanks from a beardie newbie!

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Best place I have found is www.pangeareptiles.com -- its a Zoo Med I am using a 24" fixture -- do not buy a fixture from Walmart they have no reflectors in them and you want a reflector -- you will need to find the bulb tho as they are out of stock on that site -- you want a 22' Reptisun or the Arcadia 12% bulb-- both are good -- distance in the tank should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor -- if ordering from pangea do it quickly they sell out of these fixtures FAST -- shipping is $7

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
As far as I know the reptile fixtures have electronic ballast- if you read in the discription it says it has a electronic ballast-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbeardiemom09
Top Bottom