Anyone with light colored tile flooring in viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am considering replacing the carpet in the vivarium with natural stone. I can't find any slate in 18" x18", which is the size I'm looking for so I don't have to cut tiles. I have been able to find glazed ceramic and honed travertine in the right size. The colors are all beigey tho, or a very light brown. I was going to opt for the travertine because it's lightly sanded and it's a natural stone but then I just read on a blog that you should only use slate or very dark tiles to trap in the heat. The article stated that light colored tiles will reflect the heat and cause the dragon to have to sit on cold tiles. Any experience here with using light tiles or advice on tiles? Thanks!!

SPandS

Juvie Member
You'll probably still have to cut the 18x18 tile. I bought 18x18 and it was slightly too big. All stone should absorb heat, darker will absorb more but they all should. I actually decided against using the tile because it can be hard on their joints. I know I hurt if I'm standing on tile for awhile and I couldn't imagine living on it. So I use them for my rabbit as they tend to be cooler than my wood flooring in the summer and he likes to lay on them. They are a light beige color but they also don't have a heat bulb on them to warm them up. So again I think any stone will retain the warmth but I also think in the mornings it will be cooler until the heat bulb gets a chance to warm them back up regardless of their color.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
This is the piece I use and it does not get hot or absorb heat at all - you can use tile if you have alot of decor for them to get off the tile and you can use soft fleece blankets in their hides -- mine like the tile tho they sleep on it alot just the tile themselves
97951-666388767.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunshineP95
Top Bottom