Backsplash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slawson

I would like to out some nice type of backsplash on the backside and maybe sides of my beardies enclosure. How would I go about attaching that in his cage?

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I have a photo set up as a background that is held up with glue dots. It doesn't really act as a backsplash though - it doesn't get wet. You could add tile depending on the material your enclosure is made of. That can get pretty heavy though. They make packs of adhesive backsplash pieces that have various patterns that may work. The adhesive is strong though, so I'd consider them semi-permanent pieces. Are you looking for something to function as a waterproof backsplash? Or something more decorative like a photo/background?

Slawson

Original Poster
I’m just looking for it as a decoration on the back wall. I figured it would have to be a permanent fixture, which is fine. I just didn’t know how I would go about attaching it so that it’s safe for my dragon as well, as far as fumes.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I think the adhesive you use depends on the material you're attaching. Most of them should set and off-gas within a few days though. The glue dots I mentioned work well for paper or posterboard and are ready instantly. Not very useful for heavy material though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Still Needs Help

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Go88app
Top Bottom