Can I use a fish tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jkf

I found a used 75 gallon fish tank for a good price. Is there a difference between fish tanks and reptile? I would of course get a new top for the lights and clean it

SPandS

Juvie Member
There is a slight difference in the thickness of the glass but it's fine using an aquarium for reptiles. Make sure you disinfect is good though.

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
I agree that you can use one. As mentioned, aquariums have thicker glass and are much heavier than a terrarium. They also tend to have relatively narrow dimensions. I would want one that is at least 18'' in depth/width. The main downside of using a large aquarium is that you will need to access everything from above. This may become a hassle compared to having a terrarium with front access. If you're OK with those downsides, go for it if you've found a good deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LittleSofa
Top Bottom