Uvb takes up whole tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
So we got Frey'ja a 4x2x2 pvc enclosure and the dude put a 36 inch arcadia 12% in there her distances are good but i know that takes up to much of the length of tank pretty much all of it actually the tank is 46 inches long inside. We have made a nice shaded area in the corner for her but she has not been using it just retreated to the hide a lot. Her appetite and over all health is progressing since we have put her in the new viv. However i have ordered a 24 inch arcadia t5 instead. But until then is there a way i can cover up a section of the bulb or something so that she has less or what? can you guys please tell me a solution until other fixture comes in. Plus the man installed it in the very middle of the enclosure and the ceramic fitting for bask bulb i will post pics in the morn but shes asleep and don't like waking her at all. Any advice friends

kingofnobbys

BD.org Sicko
I'd be either
>> making a short mask from cardboard to cover the last 12" of the 36" T5 tube BECAUSE your dragon needs to be able regulate the flux of UVA & UVB it's getting
OR
>> provide a cool end hide
to allow the dragon to escape from the UV when it's had enough UVA & UVB.

A 4ft long tank's optimal UV tube length is 24" , this allows a zone of low to near zero UVA & UVB flux in the cool zone of the tank so the dragon can thermoregulate & UV regulate at will.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Yeah I have a nice hide in both hot and cool end. Hell yeah so cardboard over half the fixture will help ok that’s what I’m gonna do till the 24’or maybe it’s 22 anyway until that gets here I’ll do the cardboard. Thank you for your input. I’ll cover it for now because I know she will spend more time out and about if I do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom