Where should I put my beardie while sealing viv?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollyrushtonnn

Hello!
What is the shortest amount of time I can wait till I put my bearded dragon back in the viv after sealing it with aquarium sealant?
Where should I keep him while he’s outside of the Vivarium?
Is there anything I can do to make this less stressful for him?
I’m not sure how to keep him warm/safe/comfortable. He’s been through a stressful time recently since we’ve upgraded his Vivarium size and moved house in one week.
All advice welcome ??

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
They tend to bounce back fairly well from changes like this, so don't worry too much. The time you need before using the enclosure again depends on the sealant really. It will need time to completely set and stop off-gassing. In most cases I think that's around 24-48hrs, but check the packaging and monitor the sealant by smell and touch to see if it's ready to go.

In the meantime, a temporary enclosure out of a large plastic bin or something like that should work. If you have an adjustable lamp stand you can keep the basking light set over that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
El heffe
Top Bottom