Half tile Half Lose suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! I have a two year old bearded dragon upgrading to a 140 gallon tank with half textured tile and half loose substrate. Right now I’m trying to figure out which substrate, it’s between Josh’s Frogs Biobedding Desert. And a organic top soil playsand mix, which brands do you recommend?? I know loose is controversial but I’ve done my research and that’s what I decided on

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Out of the two, I'd be inclined to use the bioactive substrate from Josh's Frogs. You may want to look into getting some cleaner crew bugs like springtails and beetles for it. It looks like that version doesn't require a drainage layer which saves a bit on space. Do you plan on adding any live plants? I don't have any firsthand experience using it, but I think having a bioactive ecosystem will wind up being more sanitary in a full time enclosure than using plain soil/sand mix (which is often recommended for a temporary dig box).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom