What hide do you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
I don't feel like the hides that I have in my tank give my adult beardie quite enough coverage.
The black plastic hide box I have fits, but he doesn't go in because the doorway itself is too small.
With the half logs, it seems like his back legs and tail stick out.

I am not sure how hides work for a bearded dragon- ball pythons like to be as squeezed in as absolutely possible, so is it roughly the same for beardies?
Or are they more comfortable with a nice roomy hide with a big open door?
Or a big hide with a small(er) door, so they are more, you know, hidden?

Sometimes, as he is scratching at night to go to sleep, he ends up halfway under his couch or something, too.

Lemme know :)

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
I use two hides in my tanks --- this one from pet smart it has a fleece blanket in it https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/thrive-rainforest-cave-reptile-decor-55905.html?cgid=500116
and the the other two one is from dubiaroaches.com its a good size one and the other one I got from petsmart but they no longer carry it -- its a resin rock type and Hiccup loves it -- both mine scratch in them before they go to sleep -- I dont like the wood ones they are too hard to clean -

FlapJack16

Hatchling Member
Original Poster
KarrieRee":sqg2zntm said:
I use two hides in my tanks --- this one from pet smart it has a fleece blanket in it https://www.petsmart.com/reptile/habitats-and-decor/habitat-decor/thrive-rainforest-cave-reptile-decor-55905.html?cgid=500116
and the the other two one is from dubiaroaches.com its a good size one and the other one I got from petsmart but they no longer carry it -- its a resin rock type and Hiccup loves it -- both mine scratch in them before they go to sleep -- I dont like the wood ones they are too hard to clean -

Hiccup is SUCH a cute name. :D
That one hide you have linked- is it big enough for a full size beardie?
Which hide from dubia roaches do you have?

The wood pieces are hard to clean sometimes- it can flake off on the top, for half-logs, which is kinda annoying.
When I clean my tanks, I clean everything w/ hot water and dawn (and rinse well), and every once in awhile put the wood pieces in the oven- not too often though. Both of my reptiles are clean when it comes to decor pieces, I usually just clean up supplements, veggies, and messes from his PVC mat- other than the fact that my BD seems to love to make messes on his fleece couch, which can be a pain sometimes :lol:
But everything else seems to stay spotless.

ComicBookMama

Sub-Adult Member
I have the Petsmart one that Karrie has on the cool end, and on the warm end, a basking platform/cave from ZenHabitats - the Zen Corner Cave. It looks very similar to the Thrive cave, only it has a slate tile on top for basking. They also make a truly enormous one, the Zen Cave, but it wouldn't fit well in my tank with my other decor. My Figment loves both, and at 20" he fits both quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom