"Lighting" is this right ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
110451-4178211428.jpg
110451-6588123101.jpg
Basking area at 110° f with 22" t5 ho 10.0 bulb and fixture. Highest spot from Uvb 8"in a 40 gallon breeder am I doing this right. Juvenile beardie. Should I put a mercury vapor bulb for basking so there's uvb in basking area as well?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

Looks good, but it would be ideal to have your UVB more biased towards the hot side (eg move it more to the left in your picture) that way the highest heat and UVB are in one spot, the basking area.

Make sure you are using a digital thermometer with probe end to take your temps, don't rely on those stick on thermometers.

-Brandon

ogtbakfrom92

Original Poster
I'm using an infrared temp gun heard that was best. My issue is if I move the t5 fixture any closer to basking it blocks out most of the heat from basking bulb. So im thinking I should go with a mercury vapor bulb for basking. Just wanna make sure that won't be to much uvb first

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
If the screen is a fine mesh it should be unobstructed w/ 12-15 inches -- if its a wide hole type it can sit on top but the distance should be 8-10 inches basking decor directly underneath both distances

ogtbakfrom92

Original Poster
In this 40 gallon tank should I run a mercury vapor bulb with the t5 uvb ? Is this the best option to have uvb in the whole tank?

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
You don't need an MVB, your setup is fine how it is. I just typically have the heat lamp a little bit forward so that the UVB bulb can be directly beside it. But in your setup, that plastic strip on the screen prevents that.

The quest for perfection is the enemy of good enough. Your setup is good :)

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamyoung
Top Bottom