Found a gem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So after many weeks of looking, I've found exacty what I wanted. Its 48x24x24 120 tank! I found it on Facebook marketplace located only 30 minutes away from me. It housed a ball python so there's definitely some modifications I plan on making. I know the uvb lights need to extend 2/3s of the tank . So I plan on taking out the old light fixtures and put in Reptisun T5 10.0 HO lights installed inside. I'm still researching basking lights. For the floor I plan to put in slate. I'm besides my self on decor! I would like to make godzilla a hiding spot out Styrofoam, and have branches going up to his basking spot with a hammock nearby. So my question is what would be your recommendations? Once I can figure out how to post pictures I will.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Make sure the slate you plan to use is not too coarse--- you want a textured slated tile something smooth but not so smooth he will slip--- basking lights are going to be trial and error -- is the tank glass?
https://www.beardeddragon.org/useruploads/ click on XIMG at the top of the message box then click on the pic it should post

Rlowry12801

Original Poster
110499-9395565451.jpg
110499-269607231.jpg
Thank you for the helping me with uploading pictures!
110499-9395565451.jpg
. I was told it was made custom out of recycled materials

Rlowry12801

Original Poster
T5 light fixtures are expensive. I was looking at buying one from Walmart or home depot, but they don't come in the size that I need. Could I use 2? Instead of one long one? Or should I just bite the bullet and spend the money?

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4

Rlowry12801

Original Poster
KarrieRee":3nwez9gb said:
Spend the money --- those ones that come from Home Depot and Walmart do not have reflectors in them and you need a reflector --- it will benefit and maximize the UVB rays to him --- the basking temps and UVB is the most important things in the tank --
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-t5-ho-terrarium-hood.html
you can get a 24" or the 36" I am using a 24" fixture
https://www.pangeareptile.com/store/zoo-med-reptisun-10.0-uvb-t5.html 22" bulb
Thank you I will!

Rlowry12801

Original Poster
Claudiusx":2rr9v667 said:
Nice looking tank!

-Brandon

Thank you! I'm super excited! Lol I couldn't even sleep right last night because I kept going over my head what I wanted to do with it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom