Faulty bulb

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
So I had to take my own advice here this morning and use the 5.0 bulb that came w/ the 24" fixtures I bought a while back - we were changing out Hiccups UVB bulb and the bulb we put in was faulty -- tried the 5.0 bulb to see if maybe it was the fixture and it wasnt -- so that new 10.0 bulb was faulty and that was the extra I bought last spring to have on hand for when they needed changing out -- :roll: a lot of good that did -- so I went to Pangea to order new bulbs and they are out of stock for the Arcadia's again --- I ended up getting them from Reptile Basics -- I was told those bulbs dont go bad if not used is this correct?
Karrie

CooperDragon

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Ugh, that's frustrating. The bulbs shouldn't go bad just sitting in storage. They can be physically damaged or else they burn out over time while being used. The spare you had may have just been a dud or have been dropped or otherwise damaged physically at some point.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
It was faulty none the less - it came w/ 3 other bulbs all shipped together packaged really good-- the first time put in it didn't come on so we stuck the 5.0 bulb in an it worked fine then put it in again and it flickered then went off-- so it happens but the bulb was bought about a year ago not quite - I did get Arcadia's coming now and will swap out the 5.0 in June
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.
Pearl Girl wrote on moorelori1966's profile.
i feel so sad reading your about me 😢
Clapton is acclimating okay I think. He's quick as lightning so I'm not sure how much I should bring him out of his house yet. He's not at all interested in his salad though. I wonder if I should change what I'm giving him. Least he's eating his crickets.

Things to do:
Buy calcium powder
Material to raise surface for basking spot
Scenery decals for back of tank

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
georgiarichmond
Top Bottom