Tile Substrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbyC11

I currently have a reptile carpet in my 40gal tank, but I hate cleaning it. I want to switch to tile, but there are so many options, and I don't want my beardie sliding all over the place. Can anyone help?

I think tile might be a little cold if it's not all under the basking light. For my beardie, we have repti-bark, so if he poops on it you just pull out the pieces of bark instead of the whole carpet, also it gives your reptile an opportunity to dig if they wish to do so. Also I wouldn't recommend sand or anything like that because if they eat it, it could be harmful to them.

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Tile is great ---- it does not get cold like most people think -- here is a piece of the tile I have in my tank it is slated ceramic it has some texture to it NO coarse No smooth and its easy to clean
vinegar/ water 50/50 solution -- I recommend NO loose substrates as well - too much risk for impaction -- if you need more info or anything let me know I can give more info on it
97951-666388767.jpg
Karrie

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
For deep cleaning yes-- I use a thick shop.paper towel under the tile so it catches the watery urate- you can provide a plastic container filled with a dig substance for them if you like-- I use shop paper towels cut up in strips for them to dig / hide under it's in their hides-
Karrie

abbyC11

Original Poster
Thanks so much! I'll look into the slated ceramic tile. I think it will work great for my beardie.

Drache613

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hello,

A lot of people use tiles of many varieties. They do look very nice & are usually very easy
to clean also.
The slate or textured tiles are nice because they can grip onto them & walk easier than on the
slick types.

Tracie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest resources

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillyjane
Top Bottom