Juvenile temps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
We have been reading a lot of material saying that once a beardie is in the juvenile stage which 6 months is right? That they prefer it more around 100 degrees rather than 105-110. In others experience does this seem right? She has not been herself lately and for those of you who know my posts know I have worried about the t5 ho reptisun uvb. I’ve also considered how I’m feeding her the placement of her decor etc. I got my baby off of morphmarket.com through a man named Mike from mile high dragons in Colorado said he’d been breeding for like 15 years he told me 102 is always a good temp while others told me that 105-110 is what she needed. I’ve had her spot running a steady 106 today lifting and dropping my lamp on the stand. She has not basked much today and wondering if the info about her not wanting it as hot being a juvenile is correct? I have a digital temp control and timer coming via amazon. Looks really nice excited to see it but I want to figure out what temp I should be setting it at once I get it. Any input friends? Also wondering if I don’t need this flood light on a stand maybe a weaker bulb on the mesh my vic is only 17-18 inches high and decor sits 7-8 inches high. That’s why I have stand the flood light would cook her that close. So I usually have it raised pretty high. But if I can get away with using weaker watts on the mesh with that control? Ahhh idk lol

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
They tend to like cooler temps as they get older --- thats why its good to offer a gradient heat so they can pick the spot they want to bask -- 95-110 --
Karrie

Longfellow777

Sub-Adult Member
Original Poster
Beardie name(s)
Frey'ja
Ok so yeah she may not be liking it so much right in that hottest part. I have that decor on the way too that you advices I get. The pet smart decor

KarrieRee

BD.org Sicko
Beardie name(s)
Hiccup he is 6 and Blaze is 4
Good - that piece will give you different spots to bask at w/ temps-
Karrie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Day 3 of brumation. It's a struggle. I really miss my little guy. 😔
Mirage entered brumation yesterday, I'm gonna miss hanging out with my little guy.
Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommatojack
Top Bottom