Question about the Sunblaster fixture...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Holidays! I have been absent from the forum after much helpful advice and insight... working like crazy but good news to report on our beardie Murray, who is growing and eating well and tons of fun for our family. Thank you Karrie for all of the feeder advice... he never did develop a taste for BSFL but voraciously attacks Dubia roaches and superworms. He is finally big enough to eat the larger ones and will chase them down from across the room! He also loves collard greens and is liking his salads very much. We are so happy to have him in our family!

We recently upgraded his enclosure to the 4x2x2 Zen Habitat, and he loves his new space! My question is regarding the Sunblaster 904297 NanoTech T5 High Output Fixture Reflector Combo purchased to hold his Reptisun T5 HO bulb... I feel very silly for asking, but which part is the reflector? There was a blue metallic “liner” behind the bulb that came with the fixture, but there were directions to remove it - which I did but kept it just in case it’s needed. We replaced the bulb with the Reptisun T5 HO but it is simply a black fixture and I wonder what is reflective about that? It is currently on top of his screen but I am concerned about him getting enough UVB. Am I supposed to leave the plastic piece in? Did I get a faulty product? Do I go the tin foil route to be safe??? We have a temp gun now and the temps all seem good, but I am just worried the reflector “combo” is not correct. I purchased on Amazon.
Thank you!

Claudiusx

BD.org Sicko
Staff member
Hi there,

There is a blue film material on the reflective sleeve to protect it from being scratched during shipping and handling. You are supposed to peel off that clear "sticker" leaving just the reflective surface exposed.

The black is just the housing for the reflector, it sounds like you slid the whole reflective strip out of the housing instead of just peeling off the protective sticker.

-Brandon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest resources

Latest profile posts

Getting ready for another day. Feeling sleepy. 😴
I just walked into my room and instead of looking at me, Swordtail's eyes darted directly to the ice cream drumstick I'm holding
Finally replaced Swordtail's substrate
I miss you so much, Amaris 💔
What is a quick way to warm up a cold beardie? His heating element went out overnight and now he's very cold.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zazzep
Top Bottom